The course at Shackamaxon Country Club is an A. W. Tillinghast layout dating back to 1916 so it’s one of the first 18-hole courses the architect ever designed, employing features he would use throughout his career such as flash-faced sand hazards and diagonal cross bunkering.
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is located in the foothills of the Pocono Mountains, by the flowing waters of the Delaware River, where it opened up in 1911 as the Buckwood Inn.
Designed by C. B. Macdonald and Seth Raynor, the legendary golf course at Sleepy Hollow Country Club sits high above the Hudson River on a 338-acre site formerly owned by William Rockefeller and Frank Vanderlip…
Somerset Hills Country Club is a Jekyll and Hyde course that's routed around flat, open, links-like terrain of a former racetrack going out, and across hilly, dense woodland coming home.
Compared to its contemporaries in the East and West, Bay Shore’s Southward Ho Country Club does not have an exclamation mark, but the club does have the right to shout. The 1923 A.W. Tillinghast design, with trademark sloping, tightly-bunkered greens, was built at the same time as Winged Foot.
Formed in 1898, Spring Lake Golf Club operated a 9-hole course up until a new 18-hole George C. Thomas Jr. layout arrived in 1911. A. W. Tillinghast substantially modified the course seven years later and this is the one that’s still in play today.
A. W. Tillinghast is said to have worked on more than 250 courses and he designed around a dozen of these in his home state of Pennsylvania, one of which was Sunnehanna Country Club.
Mike DeVries completed the upgrade of the original Seth Raynor layout at Sunningdale Country Club in 2016, rebuilding the greens and rerouting the last three holes to provide a more exciting finish.
Situated close to Kansas City Zoo, Swope Memorial Golf Course is an A.W. Tillinghast design which first opened its doors to the public in 1934. It’s a tight course, with many of the tree-lined, undulating fairways playing to multi-tiered greens.
Tulsa Country Club is the second oldest course in the state of Oklahoma, dating back to 1920 when A.W. Tillinghast set out the fairways. It’s been much modified down the years, most notably by Jay Morrish.