Host to the US Women’s Amateur Championship in 2010, the course at Charlotte Country Club is a lovely old Donald Ross design that was recently renovated by Ron Pritchard.
Founded in 1896 on the banks of the Tennessee River, Chattanooga Golf & Country Club engaged Donald Ross in the early 1920s to set out the course that’s still in play today, albeit the modern day layout was extensively renovated by Bill Bergin in 2005.
Founded in 1907, Cherokee Country Club started out – as was the case at many centurion clubs – with a 9-hole course. The layout was expanded to 18 holes in 1910. Today’s course is an unusual and rather hilly track that features no fewer than six par threes and back-to-back par fives at holes 4 and 5.
Donald Ross established the 18-hole golf course at the Chevy Chase Club in 1910 but Charles Alison completely reworked the layout in 1922 and a number of architectural revisions followed down the years.
Willie Campbell set out the original 6-hole course at Cohasset Golf Club but Donald Ross expanded this initial layout to eighteen holes in two stages by 1920. Ron Prichard (in 1999) and Ron Forse (in 2014) have since conducted course renovations.
Kevin Hargrave completed a large-scale renovation of Columbus Country Club's Championship course in 2018. The architect replaced bunkers with versions more akin to the style of Donald Ross as well as adding new tees and removing more than 1,500 trees.
Concord Country Club, formed in 1895 as Concord Golf Club, commissioned Donald Ross to lay out an 18-hole course for the membership which was carried out in two stages, building the first nine in 1915 then adding another nine thirteen years later.
The original 18-hole course at Congress Lake Club was set out by Willie Park Junior in 1923 but, within a decade, it was extensively redesigned by Donald Ross when he replaced more than half the holes on the layout.
Founded in 1894, the Country Club of Asheville changed location a few times before arriving at its current site in 1928. Donald Ross then laid out the club’s 18-hole course which Pinehurst-based Richard Mandell upgraded in 2016.
The Country Club of Birmingham's East course was renovated by George Cobb in the 1960s then by John LaFoy in the late 1980s. In the new millennium, LaFoy was called back in to perform another renovation which completed in 2019.