Donald Ross laid out the course at the renamed Denison Golf Club at Granville in 1924, and it extends to a modest 6,559 yards from the tips. Tight and sloping fairways, coupled with firm and fast greens, make this a tough test.
Formed in 1899, Detroit Golf Club is one of a select number of clubs that are fortunate to possess two 18-hole Donald Ross-designed courses. Both the longer North and South layouts were first brought into play in 1916.
Located ten miles north of downtown Detroit, the two 18-hole courses at Detroit Golf Club were designed by Donald Ross in 1916. With six par threes on the scorecard, the South course plays around 1,000 yards shorter than the North course.
All profits from East Lake Golf Club go to support the local community. East Lake now stands for hope in Atlanta as well as tradition.
Donald Ross designed the course at Elmhurst Golf & Country Club in 1914 and it’s sited on sandy rolling ground to the northeast of Winnipeg.
The par five 3rd hole at Essex County Club is a monster and it is nearly as long as the sum of the first two par fours that precede it. But there’s much more to this hole than length alone.
The Donald Ross greens at Essex Golf & Country Club are prominent because they dominate a very flat, largely featureless property...
Evanston Golf Club’s course made its appearance on the Chicago golf scene in 1917. Some eighty years later, a sympathetic renovation by Ron Pritchard breathed new life into the old Donald Ross-designed layout.
Inaugurated in 1896, Exmoor Country Club was a founding member of the Western Golf Association in 1899. One of the early clubs in the Chicago area, today’s Exmoor course is largely a 1915 Donald Ross design.
In 1918, five years after Forsyth Country Club was formed, A. W. Tillinghast designed a 9-hole layout for the membership. Shortly after, Donald Ross was engaged to extend this course into the 18-hole track that’s still in play today.