Saint-Nom-la-Bretèche was the long term venue for the Trophée Lancôme, which was played on a composite layout of the Red and Blue courses.
Sandiway Golf Club holds your interest right from the off with the opening seven holes having a different par to the last.
Harry Vardon and J.H. Taylor played an exhibition match in 1898 to mark the opening of the original 9-hole course at Sandwell Park Golf Club. Harry Colt then modified the layout in 1911, forming the 18-hole course that remains in play today.
Majorca or Mallorca is the largest of the Spanish Balearic Islands and Son Vida is the oldest golf course on the island.
Originally founded in 1902, Stowmarket Golf Club moved to its present site (a mile or so to the west of the market town) in the 1960s when Charles Grayston designed the parkland course...
Seventy years after the original nine holes had been established at Tandragee Golf Club, Fred Hawtree extended the course to a full 18-hole layout...
Founded in 1892, the first nine holes at Taunton & Pickeridge Golf Club were laid out by Herbert Fowler across ground formerly used for lime mining and sheep grazing – Fowler was one of the club's founding members.
The Dyke Golf Club was formed in 1906, but the layout was destroyed by practicing tanks and was rebuilt after the war by Fred G. Hawtree and his son Fred W. Frank Pennink described it as “undoubtedly the best of the courses in the Brighton orbit”.
The Island Golf Club is a no-frills golf course. There is nothing manicured and it’s all very harmonious and in tune with its surroundings.
The Worcestershire Golf Club – established in 1879 – is the oldest in the county, but nine holes of its elegant 1920s Alister MacKenzie-designed 18-hole parkland course at Wood Farm were requisitioned during WWII, so F.W. Hawtree reinstated nine new holes in the early 1960s.