Laid across free-draining downland, Effingham Golf Club is an undiscovered Harry Colt-designed course that occupies a generous 264-acre site from where there are panoramic views of the London skyline…
Eindhovensche Golf Club was inaugurated in 1930 and the great Harry S. Colt routed the course through a dense forest a few kilometres to the south of Eindhoven.
Formby is the prettiest of the eight top-notch links courses located between the seaside town of St Annes and the city of Liverpool. It is bordered on three sides by pine trees, giving the links a decidedly softer, heathland feel.
Frankfurter Golf Club was a once a regular German Open venue and this historical layout was designed by Harry Colt and John Morrison in the 1920s.
Founded in 1895, Frinton Golf Club is a venerable Essex seaside course, designed by Willie Park Jr. and later improved by Harry Colt. The course was recently renamed in honour of Arthur Havers who was the 1923 Open Champion and Frinton club professional.
The fairways at Golf de Granville date back to 1912, when a number of somewhat primitive golf holes were first laid out by local golfers amongst the Bréville dunes on France’s Atlantic coast...
The course at Hallamshire Golf Club was once part of the Duke of Norfolk’s estate and it was laid out in 1897 when 100 acres of land was leased for golfing purposes.
Falkenstein is an attractive golf course, which is routed in all directions of the compass. The wooded location provides a genteel oasis to play golf, away from the hustle and bustle of Hamburg’s city centre.
Hamilton Golf & Country Club, or Ancaster as it is known locally, is located on land which once known as Grange Farm and it is set most beautifully in elegant, heavily wooded seclusion.
Founded in 1895, Handsworth Golf Club moved to its present location the following year. “Skilfully remodelled by Mr. Colt in 1920,” wrote Darwin. “Since the soil is good and light, Handsworth makes a capital winter course.”