Hamburger Hittfeld celebrated its 50th birthday in 2007 and the John Morrison designed layout is still as enthralling today as it was half a century ago.
Hossegor is the perfect venue for golf and it is reminiscent of the sparkling heathland courses, which are in abundance to the west of London.
Kedleston Park Golf Club was established in 1947 but its origins can be traced back to the mid-1890s and the formation of Markeaton Golf Club.
Harry Colt’s partner, John Morrison, originally laid out the course at Kitzbühel Golf Club in 1955 and it’s considered to be one of the Alp’s most scenic 9-holers, which was remodelled by Count Max Lamberg in 2005 for the club’s 50th anniversary.
The 9-hole Old course at the Leckford Estate, part of the Waitrose farm, was laid out on chalky downland by Harry Colt in 1929 and it’s one of the master architect’s most authentic designs.
Established in the mid 1930s, the course at Lilleshall Hall Golf Club was laid out by Harry Colt and John Morrison and it is characterised by tight fairways that cut through mature woodland.
Lübeck-Travemünder Golf Club is one of Germany’s oldest courses and the club was founded way back in 1921.
Noord-Brabantsche Golf Club Toxandria was founded in 1928 when Harry Colt laid out a nine-hole course on a small parcel of sandy heathland located between Breda and Tilburg.
Laid out on cliff tops above the English Channel, the original course at North Foreland Golf Club was extended to an 18-hole layout when Herbert Fowler and Tom Simpson redesigned it in 1913.
In 1932, Prince’s Golf Club proudly hosted its first and only Open Championship. "The Squire", Gene Sarazen, was the eventual winner.