Right from the start the vistas are spectacular at The National Golf Club's Gunnamatta layout (formerly the Ocean course), with wonderful views over Bass Strait and most of the peninsula’s linksland.
Formerly known as the Essendon Club, which came into being in 1896, the club moved to the present 141-acre site, a few miles north at Glenroy, in 1912 and was renamed, Northern Golf Club.
Situated quarter of an hour’s drive from Hang Nadim airport, the par 72 course at Padang Golf Sukajadi is a Thomson, Wolveridge and Perrett layout residing within a fully-integrated business and residential estate in Batam.
Palmer Sea Reef, formerly known as Sea Temple, is an engaging Thomson, Wolveridge & Perrett links-style design located just outside the small tourist town of Port Douglas, in the tropical north region of Queensland.
Rayong Green Valley Country Club is one of three golfing properties owned by St Andrews 2000 Ltd. and it’s a 1992 Peter Thomson & Michael Wolveridge creation that’s sympathetically routed across gently undulating ground.
Geoff and Ted Parslow laid out the East course at Rich River Golf Club in 1985. Peter Thomson installed quite a few pot bunkers in the late 1990s before Ross Perrett developed a master plan for the club.
Royal Calcutta Golf Club is older than any club in the world beyond the British Isles – older, indeed, than most of those in Britain itself.
Laid out between Half Moon Bay and North Frigate Bay on the island of St Kitts, the resort golf course of Royal St Kitts at Basseterre was inaugurated in the mid 1970s...
Every hole on the Champions at the Sandhurst Club is dedicated to a former Australian PGA Champion and there’s a plaque beside every tee with a brief career history of the golfer concerned.
The North was the first of the two golf courses to open in 2004 at the Sandhurst Club and it’s characterised by large, undulating greens that demand full concentration all the way round.