Located on the scenic Channel Coast, where Browns River empties into Halfmoon Bay, the 18-hole layout at Kingston Beach Golf Club is Tasmania’s most southerly championship course. Uniquely, it features a motorised inclinator to transport golfers uphill to the 18th tee.
Kooringal Golf Club started out with a 9-hole layout in 1947 but Vern Morcom extended this to eighteen holes five years later. The layout underwent a $1 million renovation by Craig Parry early in the new millennium.
Kyneton Golf Club was founded in 1900, moving to new premises in 1929. Another relocation took place twenty years later when a lease was not renewed, resulting in a new Vern Morcom–designed course at Blackhill Road in 1950.
Moving to its present location in the early 1960s, Lakes Entrance Golf Club gradually transformed a rather bleak, swampy area covered in coastal banksias, wattle and tea tree into the splendid 18-hole layout that’s in play nowadays.
Leongatha Golf Club was formed in 1901, but today’s course is situated midway between Leongatha and the coastal town of Inverloch. Vern Morcom (son of Mick Morcom) fashioned the layout from native bushland in the late 1950s and it’s a Victorian Gippsland delight.
At the end of 2020, Lonsdale Links re-opened after an extensive re-design by OCM, the design company of Geoff Ogilvy, Mike Cocking and Ashly Mead. Five new holes were added on new land to the southwest of the old course, with a new clubhouse built close to where the old 1st green once was.
Developed on a 98-acre site next to the Maribyrnong River, the course at Medway Golf Club was unveiled in 1936, with Vern Morcom designing the layout for a private company that he and his father Mick were both directors of.
Located just over a kilometre from the Murray River, the Mildura Golf Resort course was created on a red sand base so drainage is never an issue on this layout, Extending to 6,014 metres from the back tees, the course plays to a par of 72.
Established in 1904, Mornington Golf Club moved from its first location at Tanti Creek to Mornington Racecourse in 1925. Sixteen years later, it relocated again to a 9-hole private course at the Dava Lodge Guesthouse.
Naracoorte Golf Club’s course was established on a 200-acre tract to the north of Naracoorte, where the local council had excavated three quarries in search of aggregate material for road building.