Review for Abama

Played 2 rounds here in November and even as hotel guests the fee was €160/ person - so it is roughly twice as much as other courses! I'm afraid it looks better from the clubhouse than it plays... obviously millions more were spent on building this than any other course on Tenerife....but that doesn't guarantee enjoyment although the terrain does account for this perhaps. I counted 14 shots across the 18 holes which are either blind or where you cannot see the surface of the green, off the tee however it's not too bad.The elevation changes are severe and I generally dislike hitting into greens where you have to guess the shape of the surface. Yes the buggies have sat nav but it gives only a rough picture. I also witnessed playing partners putting off greens because in many places the slopes were severe - it just spoils enjoyment. I don't wish to be a golf snob but we often get paired in Spain with couples that are very pleasant but have handicaps in the 24+ range - and witnessing their efforts this course in particular could never bring enjoyment- it's too tricky. All in all we much prefer Adeje and Las Americas.

Date: December 14, 2017