Review for Adamstal (Championship)

Adamstal was the last course on my twenty-one round tour of Switzerland, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia and Austria in August-September 2019.

I played it twice, firstly in persistent rain, secondly on a beautiful early autumn day.

The other reviewers have done a very fine job, so I won't go over their ground. A few points:

1. The holes are very walkable but the distances from green to tee are long and very steep. I am a walker but was given a cart. The cart wouldn't take some of the path on the steep slopes without a good hard run at them. If you are 70 like me, bring a cardiologist if you walk.

2. It is a truly glorious course to see and to play. The design is excellent. Every hole has a lovely balance of risk-reward. Only one longish carry - 160m. Conditioning is top class.

3. Comparable styles of courses - those in the Rockies of Canada such as Salmon Arm; Bonville in northern NSW. Grad Otocec in Slovenia.

4. I have never felt so energised and grateful for playing a course before.

5. The instigator, I thought, must be nuts to consider building a course here, but I had the privilege of meeting Mr Wiitman, a lovely man. (That he was a rally driver may explain some madness at least.)

6. Lovely staff and facilities. A very nice lunch.

7. PLAY IT!

Date: September 09, 2019

Read all reviews about Adamstal (Championship)