Review for The Addington

I know I wrote a review merely two months ago for this course, but I have to say it had been a while since I had played the Addington. I actually played it earlier today with a mate, and I have to disagree with the review below. The course is in very acceptable condition, fairways maybe a bit patchy in places but the rest is magnificent, with incredible greens.

I feel people are a bit harsh when talking about the conditioning of the course. Some of it is not within the control of the club, as the boiling summers have destroyed many fairways and reduced them to dirt. At the moment it was actually pretty good.

Anyway, back to the review. The layout is fantastic and interesting, with many beautiful and memorable holes. Even the 'lesser' front nine has many a good hole. The 4th, for example, is a magnificent par four with a beautiful drive that reminded me a bit of Wentworth's setting (no, I haven't played there, I went to watch the BMW). I love the 7th, which is my favourite par three in the world. And when the rhododendrons are in bloom, the 13th might be the best par three over 200 yards in the UK!

All in all, you have to visit the Addington at least once. I hope my comments could spark some positivity for this course. I think it should be in the top 30 in England at least. If conditioning improves just a little, it will definitely get there. Seriously, what a golf course!

Date: August 27, 2020