Review for Alcaidesa (Links)

We loved this course. It is a great place to golf, with some of the finest views you will see from any golf course.It is absolutely not a links course, more like a seaside heathland course, with plenty of gorse-like plants, and challenging carries over scrubby ravines.The greens were in very good condition, and the fairways OK. The stretch of holes along the sea have great views towards Gibraltar and North Africa, and are unique.I would agree that there could be better guidance on the layout of some of the holes, especially the seaside stretch, as there are times when the course gets a little tricksy.All of the par 3s are interesting with a good variation in length and difficulty.The new clubhouse is the nicest we have been in on the Costa del Sol, and the food and service were good.I am sure, in fact I know, that there are technically much better courses to play in the area, but if you don't enjoy the experience on the Alcaidesa Links course, I think that you might have something missing in your soul.We will be back soon.

Date: March 02, 2013

Read all reviews about Alcaidesa (Links)