Review for Alhaurin

It is now many moons ago that Luis - then the head-pro at Alhaurin - tried to teach us how to play proper golf. Thank you Luis, for all your patience! Having played the par3 course many times with Luis and my wife during our first visit, it was only during our second visit to Alhaurin, Luis - reluctantly - allowed us on his big course (under his supervision!). Of course we were both very exited playing the 18 holes course for the first time. We enjoyed every minute of it then and have been coming back on a regular basis. Now we have played more golf, I realise there is more on offer under the golf sun.

But Alhaurin is still a decent track, and well worth a visit.

First of all, most holes have a pretty decent design and nice green complexes with great roll. The course has been designed quite spacious and hilly, with the only downside that using a buggy in summer is recommended. One can have a lot of fun playing the course playing matchplay. And second: it has a real Spanish flavour to it. Being located a few miles inland, it is not your typical Spanish resort-course. Back in the days everybody was extremely friendly and nobody spoke English, serving real good home-cooked Spanish food at the restaurant. I hope I will find that still going when I return.

Date: September 08, 2021