Review for Alwoodley

I have lived in Leeds for nearly 10 years now and today is the first time that I have played Alwoodley. For a self-confessed golf nut this is an awfully long time. My reasoning for not playing up until now have been either, 'It's too expensive' or 'I am not in good enough form to play there.' However, today has shattered both of those reasons. Despite copious amounts of recent rain the course was in good condition with only the odd bunker holding water. Alwoodley is not a long course and the fairways are more generous than I thought they would be. I was not playing very well having developed a big fade (slice?!) but still managed to keep the ball in play throughout. The greens are very tricky and I didn't have a straight putt all day. Despite the rains all the greens ran true. Winter rates are £55 for the whole day (midweek) and this was great value. Staff were friendly and so were the members. I would thouroughly recommend a round at Alwoodley and I certainly won't be waiting another 10 years to play this gem.

Date: November 09, 2009