Amelia Island Plantation (Long Point) - Florida - USA

• Not known

• Tom Fazio

• Not known

Visit Golfbreaks.com for a golf holiday at Amelia Island Plantation

The Long Point golf course at Amelia Island Plantation is a 1987 Tom Fazio layout that plays through salt marches, forest and seaside dunes. The Long Point is now reserved for the membership rather than the general public, but resort guests can reserve tee times subject to availability.

Reviews for Amelia Island Plantation (Long Point)

Description: The Long Point golf course at Amelia Island Plantation is a 1987 Tom Fazio layout that plays through salt marches, forest and seaside dunes. Rating: 4 out of 6 Reviews: 1

I wasn’t overly impressed with the Amelia Island property when I stayed here a good few years ago, it was tired and in desperate need of updating, but I understand that renovation has now completed, so it could well be a classy resort these days. I enjoyed all three courses at Amelia Island, far more than the overall resort and found Fazio’s Long Point to be an interesting and varied challenge that played tough in a stiff breeze despite its modest yardage, I thought the one-shot holes were particularly enjoyable with the mid to long 3rd my favourite among the pines and oaks but the short 15th along the shore was memorable for the ocean vista and the fact I carded a two! Pete Dye’s Oak Marsh is at least the Long Point’s equal in my view.
Amelia Island Plantation (Long Point)
March 18, 2014