Review for Anfi Tauro

I played Anfi last week (Middle september) for the first time & what I'd heard about the spectacular views was absolutely true. Cut into the rocky terrain, there were endless elevation changes which I loved. Whilst the fairways are relatively wide, there are holes which will punish you if off line, the greens relatively large targets with decent amount of slope. However the condition of the course really did let itself down on the day, the greens did not look like they'd been cut in a long time, meaning getting the ball to the hole was, on occasion impossible, they were also not the smoothest you'll play on. The fairways were largely in good condition although bear patches were evident. Some tees were also very brown and grassless. I would like to see what condition the course would be in come middle of October or in April-May which I presume is in the high season for the course. Had it been in pristine condition to match the scenery, this would have been right up there in courses I've played.

Date: September 20, 2021