Review for Anglesey

The 3rd and final leg of our trip to Wales, this was the least favourite by a long way. On arrival we got a hint of what was to follow when we asked ‘’where is the Pro shop’’ the reply was ‘’sorry times are hard’’, this proved Anglesey - Photo by Alex Sherrattmost evident by the state of the changing rooms and the condition of the course. The course was very poor having burnt out fairways, greens that were in differing states (uncut, slow, patchy, seed/sand filled etc) and along with a layout that is as flat as a pancake the general comments we kept on saying was ‘’featureless and boring’’. The nearby RAF base reminded me of Moray GC as the regular free air show does take your mind of the golf as the jets and helicopters zoom past. I fully understand times are hard but when they are asking for £40 a green fee you expect better. The staff / members were friendly but would we return ……no! Is it a Top 100 …..no! Is a Gem ……no! I feel I am putting the golf club down but if you (like me) want an honest opinion (before parting with your cash) you would like to know other peoples thoughts / reviews, just a shame mine is the first.

Date: June 27, 2010