Review for Arabella

Probably it is one of the best golf courses in the Garden Route and TOP 10 in South Africa. I had played in the middle of January, condition of fields was perfect, especially greens and fairways. They have really 5 stars hotel with acceptable price and discount for residens to play golf. I was bit dissapointed regarding driving range. It is quite small and narow, also short (you may use max 5 iron). Golf cource is not very challenging excl few holes as more open to wind. The 9th hole and 18th hole is calling to do risky drive for birdie chance. My opinion it is typical resort course with nice views and pretty good condition, service and surroundings, but some holes I find borring to play.

Golf field rating is always a subject with a lot of subjectivity, depending on various criteria. I always rating by the following criteria: course complexity or challenging, fields condition (especially greens & fairways), service (only what you can get: buggie, club rent, condition of clubs, the amount of choice and etc. except staff and other subjective things that depends on your or staff mood), surrounding views or pleasure to the eyes and definitely value for the price. All criteries will be rating from 1 to 5 stars. Concerning Arabella my personal opinion is follow:

1. Challenging - 3*+ (only few holes)

2. Condition - 5*

3. Service - 5*

4. Surroundings - 5* (beautiful views around)

5. Value for the price - 4*+

I think it is one of „must be played“ in Garden Route.

I will be back.