Review for Arabian Ranches

It was evident from the standard of the clubhouse on our arrival that this was going to be an enjoyable day at the Arabian Ranches Course. Unlike the Els and Jumeirah courses the clubhouse is not a temporary facility awaiting the money to complete the permanent facility and has been finished to a very high standard. We took advantage of one of the deals available between now and March paying 345DHS (£63) for as much golf as you wanted on the day we managed 36 holes exceptional value for golf in the Emirates. The range facilities were up to the usual standard out here with a good putting green well worth taking advantage of this as it will definitely pay dividends on the course especially if you practice those fast downhill left to right/right to left puts! We played off the blue tees 6500yds SSS73 there are Gold (7000yds) and Black (76000yds) for those big hitters out there but the challenge from the blues was ample enough for a 12 handicapper. The fairways are reasonably tight but not impossible to hit with good bunkering to make you think about ball placement. Stray off the fairway though and you are into waste ground with tufted grass and bushes to steal the errant shot. The greens are tough and knowledge of the course is a definite benefit otherwise toy will find yourself swiftly running down the well designed surrounding slopes or leaving yourself with a very tricky downhill or uphill put. The knowledge from the morning certainly gave me the chance to knock several shots off my morning score. After taking advantage of the marvellous changing rooms we had a very enjoyable meal on the outdoor terrace surrounded by local members and residents from the surrounding development. This is definitely a course not to be missed on your holiday and I for one will certainly be back next time I am out here.

Date: January 14, 2011