Review for Ardglass

A truly magnificent course. The course is incredibly fun to play and represents excellent value for money (a winning combination!). There are some really memorable holes. Holes 1 – 5 are breath-taking and hug the coast line (it is hard to pick a favourite but I would probably just opt for the 1st over the 2nd, but it’s a debate to be settled over a beer in the impressive club house). The par 3 5th hole is only 125 yards but a mixture of an elevated tee box, a small green complex and a swirling wind make a par on this hole feel like a birdie.

Holes 6 – 9 are all strong but lack the wow of the first 5 holes. The course really comes back to life on the 10th (a great par 3) and is followed by the iconic 11th (a wonderful par 5 that reminds me of the 18th at Pebble Beach and my favourite hole on the course) and the signature 12th hole (reminiscent of the 7th hole at Pebble Beach).

I personally think the 13th hole is very underrated but the run for home isn’t quite as exciting as the early holes on the front 9 but the 17th and 18th holes are excellent risk reward Par 4s and will make any tight match ups particularly exciting.

In my humble opinion, I think this course is a contender to break into the GB&I top 100 golf courses.

Date: November 02, 2018