Review for Ardglass

Ardglass was the last course on our too short a tour of NI. My first introduction to the course was funnily enough as I stood on the 1st at RCD. Upon telling the starter that we were playing Ardglass the following day, he responded with “She will give you enough trouble, don’t you worry about that”.

What stands out for me at Ardglass is it’s routing, it is just perfect. You start with 5 great holes, then it lets you breath until arguably 9 but certainly not 10. 10 to 13 inclusive is again great golf, before a breather until 17 and 18. The breather holes by the way are all really nice with their own challenges.

This is a course that does not ease you in, stand on the 1st and make sure you have warmed up as other than the 11th, there is not a harder tee shot on the course. 1 and 11 are my favourites here. 11 is brilliant go left off the tee, lost ball, go right off the tee, lost ball, go left with your second, lost ball, go right with your second, lost ball.

I think a couple of other reviewers stated that if you are at RCD make the trip to Ardglass and I couldn’t agree more, but what I would say is that this course is worth the trip on its own. If you have played RCD and not Ardglass, go again for Ardglass. I also agree with other reviewers, this is definitely good enough for GB and Ireland top 100, of our tour we all preferred the course over Castlerock and we struggled to work out the better of this and Portstewart.

Date: March 20, 2019