Review for Ashburnham

I thoroughly enjoyed my game here last week. None of the holes appeared out of character with others which may be testament to the rains of 2012. The course is a collection of lots of good holes and my personal favourites were the 9th with bunkering all the way down the left of the hole and the 14th which is a par 5 with two sections of slightly offset fairway which has a run out at 290 yards from the white tees and a perfectly placed bunker on the right hand side of the fairway 50 yards short of the green.The only weak hole is a disappointing finish on 18 with an approach to a green well above the level of the fairway which makes the approach more difficult than the yardage suggests. As is the case with many courses, a little TLC to raise the condition of the course would be welcome but with many clubs/courses struggling financially this is unsurprising.I have never seen a fleet of members buggies (there must be 50+) such as that at Ashburnham on what is a largely flat course. Having climbed to the 16th tee and 18th green I understand why the fleet exists.

Date: August 06, 2012