Review for Ashridge

I had the chance to play several top ranked Herts courses and decided on Ashridge as I like 'old school' golf. The staff at the club were professional and courteous and made me feel welcome and at ease as quite often I've felt nervous at other 'exclusive' members clubs prior to getting out on the course. The scenic drive in and practice facilities are to die for and certainly get you in the mood to play. The mix of holes are superbly designed and maintained, and offer a most enjoyable game. Granted the par 5's are short but the quality of the par 3's really impressed me as did the beautiful setting and scenery outside of the course boundaries. Personally I would rank the course much higher as I preferred it to Liphook, Royal Ashdown Forest and Hindhead (which are ranked higher). I would compare the whole experience to a day at Swinley Forest or West Sussex? The routing through the valleys is superb, the contouring around the greens is interesting and fair, the greens a lovely pace and fantastic in condition. I would definitely recommend Ashridge to any discerning golfer and will return soon...all in all a top days golf at a proper golf club !

Date: August 11, 2015