Review for Bandon Dunes (Bandon Dunes)

This was my favorite course at Bandon and the only one I gave a perfect score. They always say the original is the best. Admittedly, I was already a Mclay Kidd fan when arriving at Bandon due to the enjoyable experience I had at Gamble Sands. Bandon Dunes provided great hole after great hole with two of my favorites being the 4th which is a dogleg right par 4 downhill to the ocean and the 16th which is a short par 4 that is incredibly enticing from the tee box, but it paid off hitting hybrid and having an easy wedge shot into the green. What I loved most is that Bandon was a big golf course with wide fairways and while at times visually intimidating, it was still very playable. It was also routed in a way that the wind isn't as much of a factor as it is at Old Mac and Pac Dunes so it was also a nice change of pace. Ultimately, I realize that Pac Dunes is the crown jewel based on most folks opinions, but for me it was Bandon that took the cake. It is such a fun course that offers the golfer choices, most of which you will be better off playing conservatively. I hope you enjoy your trip as much as I did.

Date: February 18, 2020

Read all reviews about Bandon Dunes (Bandon Dunes)