Review for Bandon Dunes (Pacific Dunes)

This is the best golf course I have played out of 170 different courses to date since I took up golf in 2011. This course is magnificent on every scale. Oregon is a beautiful State, vast and unspoilt and Brandon Dunes complex blends into the surroundings beautifully. Everything about BAndon Dunes is 1st class - the club house, the restaurant, the 18 hole putting course with it’s own half way house serving beer, the dormy house rooms to stay in, the vast number of courses. I want to go back for a week taking several 000 USD with me! I only played one course so picked the highest in the world ranking. I had taken a detour from Crater Lake just to be able to play and I was not disappointed. Playing at 7am in the morning, in foggy conditions (marine layer I believe the Americans call it) made it a less then visual speactacular start, but it did not spoil my enjoyment. This round of golf was part of my wedding trip to the states and like the rest of the holiday was simply amazing. There are so many strong holes and the cliff top ones simply breath taking. Even as the round progressed the hole routing remained strong and the 18th back to the clubhouse and restaurant was as good a finishing hole as I have played.

This isn’t links golf, it is cliff top golf but it is as linksy as you will find in America and as close a comparison to Scotland golf as they come. Very similar to the Castle Course at St Andrews

The hospitality, the facilities, the scenery, the nature reserves, the courses and the people made this my best golfing experience ever! Next time a week there and play every course!

Date: July 08, 2019

Read all reviews about Bandon Dunes (Pacific Dunes)