Review for Barnbougle Dunes

I posted a review here after I played this course for the first time in January 2011 and simply had to return for more. Quite simply Doak has created a masterpiece. The setting is magnificent and it is full of world class golf holes. Even the first and second that initially underwhelmed me are now more greatly appreciated. This time I took a friend, didn't say much about the holes prior to reaching the tees but there were a lot of 'wows' going on. Unfortunately he was to beat me soundly but even that couldn't detract from my enjoyment of the place. I've been brought up on Scottish links golf and played around 15 or so on this list, 11 of which are ranked above Barnbougle. Obviously there are courses like Muirfield and Carnoustie that are more difficult but at the end of the day golf is meant to be fun and I cant think of a single course that I would rather play than Barnbougle Dunes. Im highly doubtful that there are 44 courses better than this in the world! on another note - you must stay stay at the accomodation and eat at the restaurant.. both are fantastic.

Date: December 09, 2011