Review for Batalha

I really enjoyed the first impression of the club. The welcome in the pro-shop was as warm as it gets, everybody was helpful and friendly by heart and not by order, as it is often found in golf clubs in Germany. Furthermore I found out that a special offer was currently in place so I could play the course, hire a set of clubs and a buggy or a trolley for only 93 €, which was a very good deal indeed. I was told that the C-course is the most technical one, while B and A where more Batalha Golf Course - Photo by reviewerrelaxing. Since I had already relaxed for a few days then I chose to play C and A. All in all I really enjoyed playing the course since the views are simply breath taking from time to time and the course was more or less for me alone, which felt very luxurious. But on the other hand I think, that the quality of the course was not as good as I expected it to be. Especially the greens where in a mediocre condition at best. Even when they are quite interesting to play due to their subtle breaks there a lot of holes on the surface. In my opinion those holes are the result of not repaired pitching marks – what a surprise when there are no pitchforks to buy in the pro-shop. But to be not too captious: When you are on the Azores to have a wonderful holiday in the most beautiful environment you can think of, then do not hesitate to play Batalha - at least when you have enough time to play Furnas as well, since that is definitely the better golf course.

Date: September 20, 2015