Review for Bear Mountain (Valley)

I just returned from 4 days at Bear Mountain playing both courses. It was cold and wet. We had wind and rain. The Valley course was my preferred course. It was a sincere golf course whereby the higher acclaimed Mountain course had a couple of gimmicky holes. While called the Valley Course it was replete with elevation changes and the course was beautifully carved into the natural terrain and rock formations. While many of the holes had generous landing areas you were offered risk/reward lines that required greater precision. I am a big fan of golf courses with one of the nines have 3 par 3s, 3 par 4s, and 3 par 5s (like this) as it gives long hitters an extra chance for an eagle and everybody an extra chance at the glorious ace. My only suggestion to improve the golf course would be to move the tee boxes back 10-15 yards on #9 and make it a par 5. In 4 tries it took everything I had in the bag plus a generous cart path to reach in regulation. It is a par 71 so adding a swing would be worth it. For a comparison, I love Greywolf in the Columbia Valley (BC). I put the Valley Course in higher regard.

Date: November 17, 2020

Read all reviews about Bear Mountain (Valley)