Review for Bearwood Lakes

Played Bearwood Lakes on 20/5/13. First off, the welcome was warm and the level of service at club house, pro shop and half way house was exemplary. Green keepers were similarly welcoming and helpful. For a top course and relatively pricey round, no corners were cut - balls on range were complimentary, as we're stroke saver, lockers and also got a nice welcome gift. I definitely had a level of service that exceeds the majority of T100 (& other) courses I've played. More importantly, though, the course: Stunning. It is really well manicured and at every hole you admire the view. You also have to think carefully how to play the hole and there is no feeling of two holes being "samey". Although the course was relatively forgiving on a number of holes and therefore to be enjoyed equally by higher handicappers, there are plenty of challenges to be enjoyed/overcome. I could not believe that the course is only 17 years old. It feels as established as any parkland style course I've played. I really enjoyed it and rate as highly as courses ranked higher with a similar feel (such as Notts). Despite the harsh winter the course is good condition and showed no signs of unprepared pitch marks referenced in an earlier review. In every respect I can not fault Bearwood Lakes and look forward to returning soon. Outstanding!

Date: May 20, 2013