Review for Belfry (Brabazon)

Well where do I start..! Being able to play The Brabazon allowed me to tick off one of my bucket list courses. It certainly didn't disappoint. Yes I'll be the 1st to admit as a layout there are a lot better in England, but nothing will give you the buzz and excitement of being stood on the 10th tee seeing Seve's plaque and having a pop at the green! (A nice little eagle made it all the more special). Then hitting my tee shot Belfry (Brabazon) Golf Course - Photo by reviewerwithin a yard of O'Connors plaque on the 18th, being able to picture seeing 30,000 fans packed round the green and him hitting his 2 iron at The Ryder Cup.. No where else in England can give you that excitement. Yes the greenfee is hefty, but you pay for the right to say you've played The Belfry where legends have played. As a whole the condition of the course was top notch, some of the best greens I've putt on all year (up there with Woburn Marquess and Lake Nona). As a layout I see where people get a little underwhelmed, there are a lot of "average" holes but there are also a lot of very good holes (3,6,9,12) then the 2 world class holes at 10.18 which make the experience. I'm now lucky enough to be able to say I've played The Brabazon at the Belfry and it will live long in the memory. Every golfer must play the course one day just to be able to experience what the legends themselves have experienced at the Ryder Cup.

Date: September 16, 2015

Read all reviews about Belfry (Brabazon)