Review for Berkshire (Blue)

As you might expect from a course of this calibre, our morning welcome was very warm and we happily settled into our complimentary coffee and bacon sandwich. It's a good job we did as the first hole was a 200 yard par 3 over a sea of heather, so take the time to hit the practise net!

After sticking it on the green (and subsequently 3 putting), you then go into a fairly scorable stretch. But this course is about much more than scoring, it's an experience. The Berkshire reserved the course for 2-ball play and so we strolled round at a comfortable pace, only seeing two other groups out on the course! This was good news as it really is a course you want to take in and enjoy, beautiful trees, colourful heather, manicured bunkers and perfect fairways.

Whilst controversial, I prefer the Blue course over the Red course as I thought there were more memorable holes, with my favourite being the 14th, a short dog leg left with a blind tee shot. If you bail right (as I did), your only option is to punch the ball down the fairway and try and get up and down from 60+ yards.

One tip is to make sure you go into the halfway house. It was very reasonably priced & a top notch sausage roll!

The final holes aren't the strongest, but by this time I was already loving the course and so I didn't mind the fairly bland holes.

Date: July 16, 2021

Read all reviews about Berkshire (Blue)