Review for Goswick

I love everything about this course. I knew it was going to be good but I was elated when I rolled up and saw the landscape. The course weaves in and around the dunes in a very natural manner. Every fairway has its fair share of protections either via quite long rough, well placed bunkers, slopes and dog legs.

It is an honest course that is very unpretentious. No gimmicks just a gritty course that bites quickly if you stray. In the past I have been pleasantly surprised by a number of courses that were considerably better than I thought they were going to be(eg Panure, Monifieth, Skegness) and Goswick joins the list.

The first nine flows in all directions but finishes back at the club house whilst the inward nine is an out and back stretch and probably hold the best holes, especially around the turn of 12/13/14.

I had the course to myself and at 30 quid twilight is fantastic value. After getting around Dunbar yesterday in 36 pts I had hopes today but after scoring 11 pts on the outward nine I needed a strong start at 10 but wiped 10/11/12 as I got a case of the blocks. I regathered with a few pars and bogies to string a few points together and finished birdie, birdie to make me a very satisfied customer, despite scoring low 20s. Great finishing hole, short and a number of options.

This course has authentic charm in spades. Warren from Aust