Review for Goswick

Somehow have managed to end up playing golf on the other side of England but it was totally worth it. This is a great links course and I'm glad I've been able to play there. It was very windy but thankfully stayed dry. The greens were fantastic and the condition of the course was very good. Some holes were absolutely stunning as they overlooked the north sea. Its a great club with an equally great golf course.

The first hole seemed to be one of the few trees that were on the course. A downwind par 4 dog leg right where you either lay up with a 5 wood or try to hit a massive drive over the out of bounds onto the fairway. I can confirm the second idea was a bit over ambitious but at least I gave it a go, The 2nd hole is a great looking par 3, From the tee you can see out to the sea and it actually reminded me a lot of Portrush with the dunes that there were. I thought the par 5 4th was also a good looking hole, with almost a bowled green where the ball feeds in from anywhere hit up the right. The back 9 seemed a bit better and more exciting in my opinion. The 12th is a blind par 4 where playing for position is very important. A 200 yard shot is ideal off the tee and then followed up with an approach shot from 120 yards where the pin is not in sight. The 14th is also a great par 4 where everything from the right of the green feeds down towards the hole. The approach shot is lovely, however it's normally into the wind which makes it quite a long 2nd shot. The 15th hole has to be my favourite on the course, a 145 yard downhill par 3 with the sea all behind you, a truly magnificent looking golf hole.

This is a fantastic experience and the long journey is definitely worth it, classic links golf, in my opinion should be ranked a bit higher in the England rankings.

Date: November 12, 2019