Review for Blackmoor

My youngest son and i played Blackmoor today on County Cards. I can honestly say that both of us felt in was the best inland course we had played in the British Isles. Comparing the beautifully manicured tees and fairways with fairly fast but true greens to other courses like Sunningdale, Wentworth and Gleneagles, Blackmoor was in so much better condition. My son Darren a professional rugby player also had Woodhall Spa as his best inland course before this one. Although my score was not anywhere near to handicap and even though Darren had 7 pars he also had an 8 and a 9 we both can't wait to take on our other siblings on this fabulous course.

Food in the clubhouse was also pretty decent and we were made to feel very welcome at the clubhouse. Something is very wrong in the marking for rankings for this course to be so low down in the pecking order. After playing Perranporth and Huntercombe in the last week this was light years better. Not only did you have to think on every shot but you knew it was only your own ball striking that stopped you playing well. They also had a course planner something most of the East Anglian courses like Aldeburge, Ipswich Purdis Heath and Woodbridge Heath do not. The 3 aforementioned i have played in the last 6 months and none of them deserve any where near the ranking of Blackmoor. i realize that Gleneagles PGA and others like Sunningdale are set up for the Pro to play but the New course lacked the clear signposting of this one. Also the quality of walking on carpet manicured fairways at a realistic cost of £50 not £215 for something so good cannot be emphasized enough. To my mind only Royal Dornoch, Royal Birkdale and Turnberry really deserve to be rated higher than Blackmoor.

Date: June 05, 2018