Review for Blackmoor

Absolute top track from start to finish. I found all of the holes interesting with a lot of dog legs adding interest to many of the holes. The greens were very pleasant and true running although not that quick for this time of year which made them enjoyable to putt on but not too challenging. It's easy walking with tree and heather lined fairways and the par of 69 is not easy to beat given the 6,100 yards of course with 5 par 3's and just two gettable in two shots par 5's (although very good and accurate tee shots needed and a long approach to tricky green on the second one of them is also needed). I enjoyed all the par 3's which are all below 200 yards but which require good accurate tee shots to elevated greens. They've recently refurbished the club house which is elevated with a great view of the course and which is very nice with a good balcony. I think that if this had the same speed of greens as Liphook it would quite possibly justify knocking it off it's perch as number one in the county. The members are very lucky to have this club which is definitely well worth a visit. I strongly recommend this lovely track and I will be back when I next get a chance to play.

Date: June 28, 2019