Review for Blairgowrie (Lansdowne)

The Lansdowne has hosted a number of notable amateur championships and for very good reasons. That’s because it’s a tough, perhaps rigorous track, especially if you’re driving game is wayward. This part of Perthshire is simply gorgeous country and the course wends its way seamlessly through avenues of mature trees. It’s a good course in my opinion but not a great one. It could and should be so much better but it’s hard to put my finger on what’s wrong with the layout. The scenery is great, the land is full of interesting elevation change and the mature trees provide a great feeling of intimacy. All I can say is that I feel the holes are too samey and blend into one another. Granted I’ve only played the course once but no holes stand out in my mind’s eye, which is a shame as I think Blairgowrie is an excellent golf club. Would like to return one sunny day and play the course again… perhaps I’ve done it an injustice in my words which I'll make up for in my rating. Would like to give Lansdowne 3.5 balls so I'll give it 4 and the benefit of my doubt.

Date: July 30, 2008

Read all reviews about Blairgowrie (Lansdowne)