Review for Blairgowrie (Rosemount)

Absolutely love Blairgowrie. Has a lovely atmosphere as soon as you drive towards the course. If it was in Surrey, I think it would be much higher up the rankings, but I don’t care as I like it as a secret gem. I love tight tree lined fairways and there an abundance of beautiful trees at Blairgowrie. The greens roll fast and true. There are some simple 340 yard holes that are only a 4 iron and a flick with a wedge but these help the scorecard ticking over and offer birdie opportunities, who doesn’t like making birdies? The finishing stretch is incredible, the 16th from the tips is a beautiful monster of a par 4. I made double but still loved it. We kept walking down the fairway saying to ourselves ‘this is mint’ and it really is. Under the tree canopies there are ferns and moss, felt like being in a mystical forest at times.

We loved it so much we went out for 9 on the Lansdown which is tighter and longer than the rosemount in some holes and others you can really open the shoulders up and let rip. I’d play this over the dukes St. Andrews anyway of the week.

Date: August 19, 2019

Read all reviews about Blairgowrie (Rosemount)