Review for Boat of Garten

What a brilliant, brilliant golf course. If you make your way to the Highlands for a golf trip, be sure to tag this gem onto your itinerary. It is stunning, and one of the best inland courses I have ever played. So enjoyable, and so interesting. Tight fairways, tough green complexes, huge elevation changes, all with the snow capped Cairngorms as a backdrop. Inland golf doesn't get much better than this, and after 3 tough days on the links, it was a welcome respite to have some shelter from the winds!

Fully expected this to be a fun knock around before the flight back south, but it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf I have ever played.

So pleased that this place has shot up the rankings, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it creep up further over the coming years. I cant wait to go back. At £25 it was also, without doubt, the best value round of golf I have ever played. To think you could play this course every day for a fortnight for the same price as one hit around the West at Wentworth is astonishing. I would prefer to fly up there at the crack of dawn, play 36 here into the evening, and then fly back that night than play the West again - and it would be cheaper!

Play it!