Review for Borth & Ynyslas

As we arrived at the course we were greeted by a friendly member who chatted to us about our previous day's golf at Aberdovey, upon which they declared "oh this is a much better course" - as lovely as that member was, I'm afraid they can only be described as delusional.

Borth is bonkers. Its memorable to be fair, but mainly because its so odd. The second is near unplayable in the wrong conditions, there is a reachable par 5 which you cant reach because you arent allowed to cut the corner, or at least thats what the warning signs tell you. Get used to warning signs, there are a lot of them.

My particular favourite warning sign was on a 150 yd par 3, where you are alerted to the risk of the caravan park on the right. The only way anyone could hit the caravans is with an enormous shank, and the warning sign achieves nothing more than putting that very idea into your head.

I dont remember much other than being bewildered. Its certainly a rugged course, and its not one you forget in a hurry, but as a golfing experience its not one I'd rush to repeat.

Date: September 15, 2020