Review for Brancepeth Castle

As a former member, I had a fabulous 18 months here, and had it not been for the travelling, I’d still be there today.

Easily one of the best in the county, with some truly memorable par 3, the 2nd across the ravine being the stand out for me, whilst the 9th is also quite something, with the castle in the background. A shot hit right is a potential card wrecker, and a 2 putt on this green is a job well done!

It’s critical the keep the ball on the fairways as many holes are heavily tree lined with big slopes, further damaging any wayward shots.

A really challenging golf course, one which I rarely played to my handicap in all honestly, but one you can never get bored with. Always well manicured, lovely terrain, and always gets the brain ticking. When the wind blows, it makes club selection very difficult.

Worthy of a day out, and a good choice if you’re looking for a fairly inexpensive golf trip. The only downside is the clubhouse, which I feel lacks a little bit of atmosphere, and where the course isn’t visible from it.

Date: May 31, 2020