Review for Broadstone

This review follows on from my comments below dated 25 Aug 2014.I returned to Broadstone as the guest of a member in August 2015. I found the course to be in good condition, playing fast due to the relatively dry summer. The greens were firm, running exceptionally well and at a good pace.My last report regarding Broadstone had mentioned that the fairways on some holes were not at their best but I'm glad to say that this had been rectified.Unfortunately I have to say I have my reservations about the condition of some of the bunkers. Many of those reintroduced in line with the original design don't seem to have settled well and the distribution of sand is inconsistent. Even worse is that it appears the base layer of the bunkers is coming through into the sand as witnessed at the front right of the par 3 8th. I think this needs to be looked at as a matter of urgency and it is indeed a shame as they look fantastic from the tee or fairway. Bunkers aside, the course was, as usual, a delight to play. The layout never fails to deliver a great round of golf in wonderful surroundings with superb views over the surrounding countryside. There is indeed something special watching buzzards flying overhead and standing within yards of deer whilst stood on the 17th tee. Broadstone still remains a special place to play golf.

Date: August 10, 2015