Review for Broadstone

These comments expand on my previous post on 11 August 2015.

I visited Broadstone as the guest of a member on 21 May 2017. I have had the joy of playing this wonderful course many times over the past 5 years or so and I’m glad to say it’s never looked better.

It is obvious that a lot of work is going into the levels of presentation and it is paying off handsomely. The approaches to the greens look fantastic. So too do run off areas which appear to have been introduced on some of the holes which are a great little touch. I also like the addition of the lower tier to the front of the 8th green.

The greens were in good condition, rolling nice and true at a medium pace. Other areas of the course, tees, fairways and semi rough were in excellent order. I’m also glad to say the work to the bunkers seems to have now settled in really well.

In my opinion, Broadstone deserves its reputation as the best course in Dorset. The course is in fantastic condition and the hard work is paying dividends. If anyone is considering a game here then you won’t be disappointed; it is a wonderful place to play golf.

Date: May 23, 2017