Review for Brocket Hall (Melbourne)

I arrived with high expectations and the drive, the clubhouse were superb. The opening couple of holes set the course up nicely a short but treachorous opening hole following by a scary par3. The 4th then has a long second over water, after this the course becomes more like any other inland course. It is hard to explain, but this is an excellent new course but only an average old course. It has the feeling of an old set up with all the tall trees, but you just know it is still in its infancy. We played off the tips and I didnt find it overly challenging, wide fairways and as long as you put the ball in the right place the greens were quite welcoming. All in all a good day out, but I am sure that when this course matures it will become a very popular venue. The closing 18th is one of the most spectacular closing holes I have played, a par 5 (520yds), with either a lay up and a 120 yd shot in, or as I found a 220 yd carry off a down hill lie. Not to be sniffed at. Still my ball stayed dry, I made birdie and went home happy. Worth a visit.

Date: June 29, 2005

Read all reviews about Brocket Hall (Melbourne)