Review for Brokenhurst Manor

I last played this course in the late 90's and remembered it being great in condition and good in layout. The woodland management program the club has undertaken has transformed the look and it's now fantastic! Living in the shadows perhaps of the neighbouring Bournemouth courses but in my opinion now better value, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this Colt classic. Picturesque, great wildlife and a superb mix of holes that do not require length to make them a challenge. We played after heavy rain which in years gone by would have been awkward but superb course management and presentation made a fantastic day for myself and a friend playing the course for the first time. The professional made his day thoroughly enjoyable as well, offering a first class welcome, information on the course and showing a real interest in a visiting golfer. The variety of holes at this hidden gem are unique and every hole has its own individual signature. I can't wait to go back and would certainly advise anyone to play this course, especially mixed groups/senior golfers or anyone holidaying on the south coast. Definitely worth an excellent rating for reasons of condition, improvements and value. Too many nice holes to list, pretty par 3's, memorable par 4's and challenging par 5's. A great day, thanks BMGC!

Date: October 06, 2016