Review for Brora

My group and I visited The Highlands last October on a two day golf break taking in Royal Dornoch and Brora. We arrived at Brora slightly before 8.00am in pitch black but as the sun rose we were greeted by this magnificent vista. The setting of this golf course is hard to beat! The first hole encompasses all that is great Brora Golf Course - Photo by reviewer with Brora… a short dogleg left to right to a raised green which tests course management and accuracy. The greens which are protected by electric fences are some of the best green complexes I have had the pleasure of playing on. The par three holes are particularly good fun with 6, again with a raised green needing both accuracy and distance control to ensure you hit the green followed by 9 which is set right on the sea framed by marram grass. Hole 13 is a dinky little par three set over a winding burn whilst the 18th is a brute of a hole with a green that has a false front. There is a nice mix of holes across Brora which allows the golfer to hit pretty much every club in his bag….wind dependant! The one big thing we all took away from Brora was that it was fun and I would encourage all those visiting this part of the country to add Brora to their schedule.

Date: June 05, 2019