Review for Burnham & Berrow (Championship)

Played Burnham & Berrow twice in mid June. This is rugged links golf. There are many very good holes with blind shots to spare. The best holes have the most rolling and heaving fairways and the par 3's are very good requiring the best of iron play. The first six holes are as good as it gets with the exception of #4 and the last six are very good as well. We stayed at the dormy accomodation, which I highly recommend. The staff and members at Burnham & Berrow were friendly and welcoming. I will make this note; my friends are not the lovers of links golf that I am. They did not list this course (compared to Saunton, St. Enodoc, Tenby, Pennard, Royal Porthcawl) as one of their favorites on this trip. I think Burnham & Berrow should not be missed. It is a fine example of links golf. There are a great many good links golf holes here and good accomodations right at the club. This course should not be missed if your are in the area or are considering a trip to Wales as it is only a bit out of the way from London.

Date: July 07, 2010

Read all reviews about Burnham & Berrow (Championship)