Review for Cabo Real

Some people need some time after their flight arrives to destination on the first day. It is not my case, despite a 4hs delay in the Long Haul Flight and after 24hs travelling I landed 4pm at Cabo San Jose Airport and 5:15pm I was on the first tee at Cabo Real.

Cabo Real Golf Course - Photo by reviewer

It is the other course visited in 2014 which we could not play due to the Irrigation System Smash by Hurricane Odille. It happened in September but still in December the repair was not completed, so then we were only able to see the Club House and 18th green (a huge 100yds wide green).

When I planned the trip for my group we decided not to included as I had not played it, but felt it necessary to test it in order to include it in future trips to Los Cabos.

It was a very fast 2h15min round in a nice sunny afternoon, but good enough to evaluate it and confirm it is a great course to be played at least once when travelling to the low end of the Baja California Peninsula.

Cabo Real Golf Course - Photo by reviewer

It has only one hole close to the Ocean but fatnastic views from all of them and the best part of the course is when you get to the highest end and start to go back towards the Club House who has the best fajitas in town!

Paspalum Grass coast to coast kept in amazing condition, this course surprised me really a lot. RTJ II has done an excellent work taking advantage of the views, the natural contorns of the land and the highest parts of it which give you some very nice downhill shots specially in par 3 15th, par 4 17th and the finishing hole.

Is it as great as Quivira, Diamante Dunes or Cabo del Sol Ocean? NO! But it is a great test, a fun course and a very well operated facility. Is it worth a replay on next trip. ABSOLUTELY!

Date: May 10, 2017