Review for Cannes-Mandelieu (Old)

This is the home course of Victor Dubuisson. We received a very friendly welcome and had great food in the clubhouse after our round. The setting is lovely, the pine trees very impressive throughout the course but are Cannes-Mandelieu (Old) Golf Course - Photo by reviewer stopping the grass growing on some tee boxes and overhang fairways. A short river crossing on a raft between the 2nd and 3rd was original. The course is short. 5 par 3´s and two very short par 4 's of 250 and 270m and a par 5 of 416m. The greens are great. The bunkers huge and largely uninteresting and poorly kept. The rakes look like they had come from a garden shop. The fairways and rough are poorly maintained, although I accept it is early season. The weather was warm. I can imagine how wonderful this course would have been in quiet seclusion one hundred years ago. We enjoyed our round, but today there are many superior courses in the area and I would not place this in my top 15 for the region from a golfing perspective.

Date: March 18, 2017

Read all reviews about Cannes-Mandelieu (Old)