Founded in 1918 when a small course was set out in the La Quebradita district, Caracas Country Club moved to its current site twelve years later. Olmsted Brothers, the American landscape design firm, were tasked with producing the new course and it called in Charles “Steam Shovel” Banks to construct the club’s new 18-hole layout.
Today, the layout measures just over 6,600 yards (playing to a par of 71) and it features, in particular, a trio of testing three-shot holes. They appear on the card as back-to-back par fives at holes 8 and 9 whilst the 540-yard 18th forms a formidable closing hole.
Early in the new millennium, the course has hosted Latin American Qualifying for the end of season World Cup team event at Mission Hills in China with the best three nations in this regional competition joining twenty-five other countries in the main event.