Set on the southern shores of Lac Carling, the course at Club de Golf Carling Lake was redesigned by Howard Watson in 1961. Configured with only three par threes and three par fives, the layout is arranged as two returning nines, measuring just under 6,600 yards from the back markers.
Stanley Thompson designed the original 9-hole course for the Ayres family, who already owned the Lachute Golf Club, and this opened as a private facility in 1945. When it was decided to fashion a new 18-hole course, architect Watson – a former colleague of Stanley Thompson – was engaged to carry out the work.
Highlight holes include the par four 2nd and par four 7th (where adjacent greens lie next to an encroaching lake); the very short 6th (the only par three on the front nine); and the tight, double doglegging par five 15th which narrows considerably as it plays towards the green.